Maplewood Academy Open Team
Maplewood Academy, a co-educational boarding school, had its beginnings in Minneapolis in 1888 in the basement of the Lake Street Church. The school was later moved to Anoka and called the Minneapolis Industrial School. In 1904, it moved to Maple Plain and was renamed Maplewood Academy. The General Conference Committee voted in 1928 to unite the academy with the Hutchinson Theological Seminary in Hutchinson, Minnesota. The academy continues to operate and provide education for students in grades nine through twelve.
The campus is aging and it is the goal of Maplewood Academy to provide the best possible environment for its students. Please join us in renovations on this campus that will include the bathrooms in both of the girls and boys dormitories.