Cañon City Adventist Church (CO) Project
The Cañon City Adventist Church Project is one of our many efforts based in North America. Each year, Maranatha works with organizations in the United States and Canada to provide volunteer labor for various construction or renovation projects.
The Cañon City Adventist Church is requesting assistance with their fellowship hall, which was build in the early 1980’s.
Volunteers will assist with the remodel of the fellowship hall, kitchen and bathroom. This includes the removal of existing paneling, texturing and painting the underlying sheet rock, replacing trim around windows and doors, as well as building storage cabinets. There will also be 3,ooo square ft of vinyl plank flooring installation.
Please consider joining us on this project!
Project Stats: 200 vol.days*7hrs*$30=$42,000.
Fellowship Hall renovations:
• Removed old carpet and tile.
• Remodeled bathrooms and retrofitted one bathroom into a shower area.
• Removed all paneling from walls.
• Repaired walls, sanded them, textured them, applied primer and then painted walls.
• Lots of electrical work was done in the kitchen area as it was totally redesigned.
• Installed new cabinets in kitchen
• All windowsills were painted.
• New flooring was installed in the fellowship hall, kitchen and bathrooms.
• No paint was available to paint the gym, so several ladies washed all the walls and removed most of the stains.
• A long hallway was painted which included sixteen doors being painted on both sides as well as the trim. The base was not replaced as it was not available.
• Seven more doors were painted on both sides in other areas of the church.
• Two high walls were painted in the entry way of the church.
• The storage room near the fellowship hall had walls repaired, sanded, painted and flooring installed.
• All books from the library were packed and moved as well as the shelfs. The carpet was removed, but a decision was made not to repaint the walls, and new carpet will be installed by professionals.
• A lot of landscaping was done by volunteers and church members. Lots of rocks, small and large, were used as well as planting plants in different areas. Plans were to do only the west side of the church, but we were able to also do the east side of the church.
• The church has an Adventist Community Services in their church. The advertising signs outside the church was in terrible condition so three volunteers totally repainted it and hung it up again.