Maranatha Volunteer International is currently searching for a part-time Volunteer Specialist to work at its headquarters in Roseville, California. This position will offer opportunities for personal growth and a chance to make a difference in the lives of others.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to participate in several stages of the volunteer process. The Volunteer Specialist position helps to provide a life-changing experience to thousands of people every year through short-term mission projects.
- Proficiency in Mac, Microsoft, and Google software and applications
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and organize
- Strong attention to detail and ability to turn around tasks in a timely manner
Areas of Responsibility
As a member of the Projects Department, you will report to the Director of Volunteer Services and work closely with other members of the team to provide support. You will work with all the members of the department and be expected to answer and respond to basic volunteer inquiries, as well as to help with various projects such as mailings and data entry.
- Respond to volunteer and project request emails
- Answer calls for volunteer project questions
- Enter new interested volunteers into database and maintain current member records
- Manage volunteer t-shirt stock (folding), inventory and fulfill orders
- Produce and send tax letters for volunteers participating on projects
- Compile quarterly insurance reports
- Register volunteer teams with US State Department
- Process checks and payments
- Create Teamwork Projects for new groups
- Enter participant travel information into Maranatha database
- Send and track project evaluations
- Contribute to Projects Department efforts by accomplishing related tasks as assigned by the Director of Volunteer Services