Projects Department Volunteer Specialist
Maranatha Volunteer International is currently searching for a part-time Volunteer Specialist with the possibility of full-time to work at its headquarters in Roseville, California. This position will offer opportunities for personal growth and a chance to make a difference in the lives of others.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to engage with volunteers in all stages of the volunteer process. Join the Projects Department in providing a life-changing experience through short-term missions.
Areas of Responsibility:
As a member of the Volunteer Services Department, you will report to the Vice President of Volunteers and work closely with the team to provide support. You will work with all the members of the department and be expected to answer and respond to basic volunteer inquiries and help with various projects such as mailings and data entry.
Responsibilities of the Volunteer Specialist:
- Live locally in the Sacramento, CA region.
- Be a committed Christian.
- Have Mission or non-profit experience.
- Respond to volunteer and project request emails.
- Answer calls for volunteer project questions.
- Enter new interested volunteers into database and maintain current member records.
- Enter detailed participant lists into database.
- Manage volunteer t-shirt stock inventory and orders.
- Collect and distribute completed project photos to all volunteers.
- Implement “thank you” initiative for leaders and volunteers.
- Produce and send tax letters for volunteers participating on projects.
- Compile quarterly insurance reports.
- Organizing and mailing final information packet to all outgoing volunteers
- Update website pages related to volunteer projects.
- Edit project info and final packets in InDesign.
- Update printable volunteer opportunity handout in InDesign.
- Contribute to Project Department effort by accomplishing related tasks as assigned by Vice President of Volunteers
- Proficiency in Apple, Google and Microsoft, Adobe InDesign
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and organize.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to turn around tasks in a timely manner.
$20.79-$31.25 an hour.