Maranatha Volunteers International is a Seventh-day Adventist, Christian non-profit organization. Our mission is to change lives through the construction of urgently needed churches, schools, and water wells by mobilizing volunteers on short-term projects. The goal of the marketing team is to communicate this vision with the public, by telling the stories about the communities we are aiding, and the volunteers who are being impacted through the act of service.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for writing content for various marketing and communication efforts, including print, digital, and television, and assist with marketing projects and events as needed and assigned. The communication specialist will collaborate with all members of the Marketing team and report to the vice president of marketing. Some travel may be required.
- Write newsletters, fundraising appeals, feature stories, press releases, advertising copy, television scripts, and web content.
- Assist with event planning and coordination.
- Collaborate on creative marketing and fundraising campaigns.
Maranatha is seeking a candidate with the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a focus on communications, public relations, journalism.
- Experience in communications-related writing
- Ability to work effectively with top management, volunteers, donors, and fellow staff.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Has a sense of initiative.
- Adept at multitasking.
- Highly organized.
- Capable of taking direction and following through to completion of an assignment.
- Familiar with both Windows and Mac OS.
- Comfortable with a work schedule that may include some travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
$50,000 – $65,000/year