Maranatha Volunteers International is seeking an accounting manager that is interested in missions and wants to join our non-profit operation. This position will be exciting, fast-paced, and rewarding. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a committed Christian
- Have mission or non-profit experience
- Have professional goals that match the mission and focus of Maranatha
- Proven work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
The successful candidate will interact with volunteers, donors, and other individuals and companies involved with Maranatha.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Month and end-year process
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Cash receipts
- General ledger
- Payroll and taxes
- Cash forecasting
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Capital assets reconciliations
- Investment account statement reconciliations
- Check runs
- Fixed asset activity
- Debt activity
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Provide recommendations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Some travel required
Scope of Responsibility:
Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the organization. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills.
BS degree in Accounting or Finance
Have five+ years of accounting experience
Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.